Our 2018-2019 SUAF-WDC Chapter Members
Becoming A Member:
Membership in this chapter is open to the Following:
- Regular members are those persons who hold degrees conferred by Southern University at any of its campuses.
- Associate members are those persons who attended Southern University at any of its campuses for at least one school session but did not receive a degree, diploma, or certificate from Southern University.
- Affiliate members are those persons who did not attend Southern University but are interested in advancing the cause of the University. Affiliate members shall not hold elected positions but can be appointed to non-elected positions by the President of the Chapter.
- Life Members (Paid In Full) membership is applicable only after satisfying the National Federation’s membership dues requirements as specified in the National Federation’s Bylaws. This membership level denotes Life membership in the National Federation, not the local Chapter.
- Regular & National Dues Membership requires the payment of both local chapter dues ($50) and National Federation dues ($50).
- New Graduate Membership is eligible for those graduates who are joining the chapter within the first year of their graduation date. No local or National Federations dues payments are required within that first year.
- Regular & New Life Member membership includes the local chapter dues plus the one-time Life Membership payment.
How Do I Become A Member?
- Please complete the form below if you are interested in membership or need to update your membership information. Or to request an application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org . All members, except when requested in writing, are recorded in the Washington, DC Alumni Chapter Directory data bank.
- Submit your payment for the appropriate level, listed below.
- Attend chapter meetings. For the next chapter meeting click here.
Southern University Alumni membership dues are payable July 1st annually.
Dues structure is as follows:
- Regular Member: $50
- Associate Member: $50
- Affiliate Member: $50
- Life Member (Paid In Full): $50
- Regular & National Dues: $100
- New Graduate Membership: $0
- Regular & New Life Member: $550
NOTE: All Paypal payments include a $2.00 handling fee (if less than $100 total) and $10.00 handling fee (if over $100).
We are always looking for alumni & supporters interested in joining our organization.
If you are not able to join at this time but would like to make a donation to the organization, please click on the "Donate" button below or mail a check to our P.O. Box. The SUAF-WDC Chapter is a recognized IRS 501c3 organization. Your donation is fully tax deducible. Any amount you choose to donation is greatly appreciated.
Make a Donation
Your tax deducible donations, in any amount, are always accepted and greatly appreciated! Your generous donation will enable the chapter to continue its programs and events for the purpose of aiding students and supporting the 5 campuses in the Southern University System. You will receive a receipt for your donation. Thank you for your generosity!
The SUAF-WDC Chapter had a great time on Friday, 15 March for SU & Friends Happy Hour at Sim's Creole Kitchen Pop Up at 1400 Irving Street NW #109. See you at the Crawfish and Crab Boil on Saturday, 4 May at Fort Hunt Park in Alexandria, VA.
The 2019 Family and Friends Crawfish and Crab Boil is Saturday, 4 May at Fort Hunt Park.
The SU Athletic Department